- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Great Wenham Operational Hub, South Suffolk
- Salary details:
- £29,179 + Tool Allowance
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 21 September 2021 01:00 PM
- £29,179 per annum, plus tool allowance
- 37 hours per week
We are looking for Qualified Plasterers to join our Trades team in Babergh Mid Suffolk Building Services. The successful applicants will share our values, commitment and motivation to make a difference for our districts.
Working in the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Districts, you will be based from our Depot at Great Wenham.
You need to be able to deal with a wide range of wet trade (plastering, tiling, concreting ETC) repairs associated with the maintenance of council homes.
Key duties will be to:
- carry out reactive repairs to council houses in accordance with orders and instructions from our technical admin officers and team supervisors via an electronic remote working system
- undertake multiple tasks relating to wet trade repairs including tiling, plastering, mould treatment, brickwork and external works
- identify, collect and use the correct materials, plant and equipment for the identified repairs
- provide information as required regarding repairs undertaken to our technical administration officers and team leaders.
A van (for work use only) is provided equipped with a range of tools, and in addition a tool allowance is paid. A full valid driving licence is essential for this role. A DBS check will also be required.
You will need to be able to discuss repairs issues with our tenants, so a pro-active approach and a flexible attitude are essential.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk – working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
We offer a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and pension scheme. We also offer a range of training and development and will give you all the support you need, for your career and wellbeing.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Heidi Butcher on 07860 832312 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not reapply.