- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Great Wenham Operational Hub, South Suffolk
- Salary details:
- £29,179 (plus Tool Allowance)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 05 July 2022 01:00 PM
Full time, part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
We are looking for a Plasterer/Bricklayer/Concrete Finisher/Ground Worker to join our very busy Trades team in Building Services.
The successful person will share our values, commitment, and motivation to make a difference for our residents, clients, and communities.
About the role
Working in the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Districts, you will be based from our Depot at Great Wenham.
Candidates need to be able to deal with a wide range of wet trade (plastering, tiling, concreting, etc) repairs associated with the maintenance of council homes.
You will carry out reactive repairs to council houses in accordance with orders and instructions from our technical admin officers and team Supervisors via an electronic remote working system.
Undertake multiple tasks relating to wet trade repairs including Tiling, Plastering, Mould Treatment, Brickwork and external works. With an emphasis on Plastering within our VOID properties (property that is untenanted for a period of time) and any other works within this remit as required.
Identify, collect and use the correct materials, plant and equipment for the identified repairs.
Provide information as required regarding repairs undertaken to our technical admin. officers and Team Leaders via email/tablets and verbal communication.
A van (for work use only) is provided equipped with a range of tools, and in addition a tool allowance is paid. A full valid driving licence is essential for this role. A DBS check will also be required.
You will need to be able to discuss repairs issues with our tenants, so a pro-active approach and a flexible attitude are essential.
You will have:
- NVQ Plastering Level 1 or 2/or relevant experience
- NVQ Bricklaying Level 2/or relevant experience
- Ground Worker or Concrete relevant experience
- a sound knowledge of construction practice and related trade technology
- the ability to diagnose and effect the most cost-effective repair solution
- previous experience of domestic responsive property repairs
- ability to maintain accurate work records
- computer literacy skills and able to use email and mobile devices
- awareness of Health and Safety at Work Act, practice and responsibility
- ability to communicate well with tenants, colleagues and supervisory staff.
- the understanding and ability to practice good customer care.
Working together across our Councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and with two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
Benefits of working with us
- Great opportunities for learning and development.
- Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Employee Assist Program
- Health Care Options
Visit our Employee Benefits page for further information.
Our ways of working
Work is what we do, not where we go! We are committed to working in a more Hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote based working. (Business needs permitting) This has worked well for us and is something we will be continuing with.
We are committed supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
To find out more
If you wish to discuss the Hybrid working approach for this role, or for an informal discussion, please contact Heidi Butcher by either calling 07860 832312 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1pm, 5 July 2022.