- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £36,876 - £42,683
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 26 February 2020 01:00 PM
Part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk; working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced housing professional to help us deliver excellent housing services to Babergh and Mid Suffolk tenants. The Housing and Engagement Team Manager will be responsible for leading the housing management team and developing our tenant engagement work. You will be customer focused, able to support and develop front-line staff, and will seek continuous improvement in service delivery.
- To oversee the provision of an excellent housing management service to Babergh and Mid Suffolk tenants
- To ensure that opportunities for tenant engagement and involvement are maximised and the regulatory requirements are met
- To facilitate joined up working across both councils and develop staff that are visible, accessible, and have a positive, customer-focused attitude.
- Act as an ambassador for Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils, and work in partnership with tenants, colleagues and other agencies to constantly improve services.
You will be based at our modern, air-conditioned head office in Ipswich, with a range of facilities and excellent travel links. We offer a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and pension scheme. We also offer a range of training and development and will give you all the support you need, for your career and wellbeing.
For an informal discussion about this role please call Lee Crowdell on 07894 230507.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.