- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £22,911 - £27,905
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 24 February 2020 01:00 PM
Part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk; working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
We are looking for someone with housing or community engagement experience to help us develop our tenant engagement services at Babergh and Mid Suffolk Councils. The Tenant Engagement Co-ordinator will be responsible for supporting our Tenant Board, organising consultative groups and resident events, and ensuring that the ‘tenant voice’ is heard. You will be customer focused, organised, confident and enthusiastic about continuous service improvement.
- To promote and develop the Councils’ tenant engagement structure
- To help the Tenant Board carry out their scrutiny and consultative function, making sure that they are supported and can make a meaningful contribution to service improvement
- To organise a wide variety of resident meetings and events including Sounding Boards, community events and an annual Tenant Board forum
- To utilize good practice from within and beyond the housing sector, as well as develop new ideas, in order to find innovative ways of reaching and engaging with our tenants.
You will be based at our modern, air-conditioned head office in Ipswich, with a range of facilities and excellent travel links. We offer a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and pension scheme. We also offer a range of training and development and will give you all the support you need, for your career and wellbeing.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Lee Crowdell on 07894 230507.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.