- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Creeting Road Depot, Stowmarket
- Salary details:
- £23,541 - £28,672
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 28 January 2022 05:00 PM
We have two exciting opportunities available for the position of Public Realm Site Inspector and Technical Officer, being offered as a 12 month fixed term contract or secondment opportunity.
We’re proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our Councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk – working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
About the role
We are now looking for the right people to join our Public Realm team with the proper values, commitment and motivation to make a difference for our districts.
As Public Realm Site Inspector and Technical Officer, you will undertake a range of survey work, including but not limited to:
- Site inspections.
- Production of reports and plans to assist with boundary disputes.
- Disposal of land.
- Assisting and completing surveys of natural and built infrastructure within our public open spaces.
- Updating and increasing accuracy of our digital records using GIS and other information management systems.
The focus of work will be on:
- Working with the planning team, surveying sites for the Open Spaces Assessment.
- Identifying, surveying and mapping features within public realm sites.
- Ensuring our databases are correct and all information stored is transferred to the new Cadcorp Cloud GIS system.
- Carrying out site inspections and investigating issues reported by the public.
Every day will be different and the role provides the opportunity to get out and about exploring towns, villages and countryside across Babergh and Mid Suffolk whilst carrying out survey and inspection work. It is likely that the time will be split approximately 60% desk-based and 40% out on site visits.
The post holder needs access to their own vehicle and to hold a full UK driving licence.
This role is normally based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, however, during the COVID 19 pandemic, we have been working from home and it has worked really well for us.*
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Will Burchnall, Corporate Manager, Public Realm at Will.email@example.com or call on 01449 724591.