- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- * Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £29,577 - £34,728
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 20 January 2022 05:00 PM
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Infrastructure Officer within our Strategic Planning team. We are seeking an individual who is interested in taking the lead to develop evidence on infrastructure matters to support development within Babergh and Mid Suffolk Districts.
About the role
- This position involves working closely with infrastructure providers to establish infrastructure capacities and opportunities that exist for new or expanded infrastructure provision.
- The evidence will support the Joint Local Plan and the determination of planning applications.
- An Infrastructure Delivery Plan will be maintained and updated periodically, which will also guide how the councils decide to prioritise the spending of the Community Infrastructure Levy on both strategic and community infrastructure projects.
- There will also be the opportunity to progress Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedules through examination to adoption.
- You will work closely with a number of teams in the councils and the development sector on infrastructure matters.
- You will take a lead role in the preparation of an annual Housing Delivery Test Action Plan, supporting the adopted actions identified.
- Analysing and presenting data and outcomes is a key part of this role, together with engagement with councillors.
- You will also work collaboratively with neighbouring local authorities and Suffolk County Council, as well as engaging with the community and supporting the preparation of neighbourhood plans from an infrastructure perspective.
- The post will support the corporate objectives of the two councils and the councils’ strategies.
What we are looking for
We are seeking someone who is able to foster excellent working relationships with a wide range infrastructure providers, organisation representative and colleagues, along with the following:
- Relevant experience and knowledge of Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and infrastructure
- Good working knowledge of spatial planning policy; if you have experience of development management and/or local government finance and risk management too this would be advantageous.
- The ability to collate, analyse and interpret evidence and information to service a wide range of infrastructure needs.
We offer support and funding towards professional qualifications, and financial contribution towards Royal Town Planning Institute membership.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils are committed to agile and flexible working practices (subject to business need). We believe that work is something we do and not somewhere we go; we want our staff to feel enabled and empowered to fully embrace these opportunities. We can offer great opportunities for training and development and we will give you all the support you need. We offer flexible working options, a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and a pension scheme.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact either:
Robert Hobbs firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01449 724812 or
Tom Barker email@example.com or call 01449 724647
If you are interested, please apply online by visiting our career pages on the Babergh and Mid Suffolk website: www.babergh.gov.uk/council-business/careers
*This role is normally based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, however, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working at home full time and it’s worked well for us.
Interview date: w/c 31 January 2022.