- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £30,095 - £35,336 per annum pro-rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 22.5 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 06 July 2022 01:00 PM
Fixed term or secondment opportunity until May 2023.
Full time, part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
We are looking for a new Economy Projects Officer for Town Centres to join our team in Economic Development and Regeneration.
The successful person will share our values, commitment, and motivation to make a difference for our residents, clients, and communities.
About the role
The Economy Projects Officer is a new role, which is intended to support the emerging Economic Recovery priorities of the Council. The role will report to the Town Centre Vision Coordinator and will deliver a range of projects within the Economy and Regeneration Service. The role will also be outward facing, working with a range of stakeholders and businesses to deliver key projects across both the Councils.
You will be part of a busy team, responsible for delivering the joint Authorities growth agenda as set out in the published Babergh and Mid Suffolk Economic Recovery Strategy through supporting and maximising the economic potential of the districts.
The role will work closely with partners and stakeholders including the public and private sector to support key projects within the towns of Sudbury, Hadleigh, Stowmarket, Eye and Needham Market to support the district councils aims to generate sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
- Do you have a passion to make a difference for our local business community, and to the lives and prospects of local people?
- Are you forward thinking, pro-active, and organised, with the ability to work in a partnership-focused environment? Are you creative, innovative and output focussed?
If yes, then we have an exciting opportunity that may interest you.
You will work with a range of committed partners and stakeholders across the districts to raise aspiration, deliver key high value projects and enhance the profile of our places as areas of significant business and economic growth
Additionally, you will help the team to develop, co-ordinate and support delivery of projects that deliver on the aspirations contained within our recovery strategy.
There may be some travel required across the District, so access to own car would be beneficial.
You will need:
- A relevant qualification at NVQ4/degree plus extended relevant post qualification experience in specialist area, or equivalent knowledge gained from experience.
- Experience of project and programme management processes.
- Experience of working with businesses of all sizes.
- Experience in a local government organisation desirable.
- An ability to work with a wide range of partners, consultants and key stakeholders.
- Evidence of working with funders and securing funding for projects.
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of managing risk.
Working together across our Councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and with two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
Benefits of working with us
- Great opportunities for learning and development.
- Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Employee Assist Program
- Health Care Options
Click Employee Benefits page for further information.
Our ways of working
Work is what we do, not where we go! We are committed to working in a more Hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote based working. (Business needs permitting) This has worked well for us and is something we will be continuing with.
We are committed supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
To find out more
If you wish to discuss the Hybrid working approach for this role, or for an informal discussion, please email Tabitha Runacres at Tabitha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 1pm, 06 July 2022.