- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 26 September 2021 11:30 PM
- £24,982 - £27,741 per annum (pay award pending)
- 37 hours per week
- Based in Lowestoft or Melton (near Woodbridge) with flexible/homeworking
East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk.
Using your expertise and experience, you will support the day-to-day delivery of an effective and innovative communications and marketing service which informs and engages a wide range of audiences, increases public trust, improves reputation, influences behaviour and drives engagement with the council.
As part of a wide range of duties, you will be expected to support the delivery of council campaigns, identify stories, explain our services and prepare high-quality, proactive written content for the media and key council publications such as the East Suffolk residents’ magazine and tenants’ publications.
You will also help deliver impactful and innovative content across all of the council's online/social media channels and explore new and innovative ways to communicate, reflecting emerging trends in digital content.
You will have a minimum of three years relevant experience in marketing, communications and/or public relations and be able to demonstrate the delivery and evaluation of outstanding content through a variety of channels. A proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines is essential.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access. To find out more about why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council and to hear why our employees think it is such a great place to work, take a look at our video.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Great opportunities for training and development
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays)
- Local government pension scheme
- Free car parking (for when you are working in the office)
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the majority of our teams are working from home and there is strict social distancing measures in place for the limited number of staff working from our offices. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements if you were the successful candidate, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
Please read the job description and person specification before applying for this job.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Phil Harris, Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager, on (01502) 523637.
Interview date: w/c 4 October 2021.