- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton
- Salary details:
- £24,982 to £27,741 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hpw
- Fixed Term
- Closing Date
- 04 November 2021 01:00 PM
- £24,982 to £27,741 per annum
- 12 month fixed term contract
- 37 hours per week
- Based in either Lowestoft or Melton, Suffolk
East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk.
This post has been created to help mitigate the immediate financial impacts of Covid-19, and you will be integral to delivering effective financial support to families and individuals across East Suffolk, helping to improve their lives. In this role you will work directly with residents and collaborate with a wide range of organisations and partnerships across public, private and voluntary/community sectors.
You will work closely with the Council’s Tenant Financial Inclusion Officer (who works with East Suffolk Council tenants) and with relevant partners including our three Citizens Advice Bureaux and other specialist organisations including the Money and Pensions Service, Disability Advice North East Suffolk, and Disability Advice Service.
You should have a proven track record of successful partnership working, a good understanding of welfare rights, key benefits and how they are accessed, and housing issues, as well as experience of dealing with the public in difficult and emotional situations to assist them accessing benefits and local and national support services.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access. To find out more about why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council and to hear why our employees think it is such a great place to work, take a look at our video.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Great opportunities for training and development.
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Local government pension scheme.
- Free car parking (for when you are working in the office)
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the majority of our teams are working from home and there are strict social distancing measures in place for the limited number of staff working from our offices. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements if you were the successful candidate, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
Please read the job description and person specification before applying for this job.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Nicole Rickard (Head of Communities) on 07766 998074