- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Stone Lodge Community Centre, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £18,426 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 22 per week
- Closing date:
- 01 April 2020 11:30 PM
Sensing Change is a professional team, providing social work, rehabilitation and support to people with sight and hearing loss.
We are currently seeking a Business Support Officer to undertake a range of administrative duties to support the delivery of services and provide admin support to the team. You will be the first point of contact for all customers, families/carers, professionals and organisations. Working within a specialist qualified and highly professional workforce, your skills will be encouraged, nurtured and developed.
You will have:
- outstanding communication skills and a positive attitude to delivering a high standard of customer care
- the ability to deal with enquiries from a variety of people and manage difficult phone calls in a positive manner
- excellent IT skills
- experience of working with spreadsheets and databases
- the ability to work on your own initiative and able to prioritise your own workload as well as being able to multi-task in a busy team
- good organisational skills
- the ability to work with competing deadlines while paying close attention to detail.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Head of Service Caroline Carr on (01473) 260030.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.