- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 31 December 2018 11:00 PM
Suffolk County Council are looking for a Macmillan Benefits Support Worker to join their team based in Beacon House Ipswich. You will be vital in providing support to the infrastructure of the team, including some mandatory reporting to our funders.
- Be the first point of contact for access to the service by telephone or by email
- take and complete referrals and provide advice where appropriate.
- arrange, in conjunction with the Macmillan Benefits Advisers appointments and (in exceptional circumstances) home-visits for people wishing to access the service.
- provide vital support to the infrastructure of the team, including some mandatory reporting to our funders.
- collate of some complex statistical information.
We are looking for someone with proven experience in business administration. A working knowledge of welfare benefits is preferred, although training will be provided. An understanding of the financial issues people with cancer and their carers face would be an advantage.
It would be an advantage if you have experience of completing benefit claim forms. You must have the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to a wide range of people and to speak to clients and their carers sensitively over the phone.
For an informal discussion only please contact Cathy Cunningham-Elliott on 01473 264714
Closing date: 31 December 2018
Interview date: 21 January 2019
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.