- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 01 March 2019 01:00 PM
This is your opportunity to work in the Suffolk County Council and Macmillan Cancer Support partnership.
You will be vital in providing support to the infrastructure of the team, including some mandatory reporting to our funders.
- be the first point of contact for access to the service by telephone or by email
- take and complete referrals and provide advice where appropriate.
- arrange, in conjunction with the Macmillan Benefits Advisers appointments and (in exceptional circumstances) home-visits for people wishing to access the service.
- provide vital support to the infrastructure of the team, including some mandatory reporting to our funders.
- collate of some complex statistical information.
You will need proven experience in business administration and the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to a wide range of people and to speak to clients and their carers sensitively over the phone.
A working knowledge of welfare benefits is preferred, although training will be provided. An understanding of the financial issues people with cancer and their carers face and experience of completing benefit claim forms would be an advantage.
For an informal discussion only please contact Cathy Cunningham-Elliott on (01473) 264714.
If you recently applied and were unsuccessful, then we would not normally expect you to submit another application, unless you can demonstrate your suitability for this role has changed.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Interview date: 2 April 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.