- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 18 May 2021 01:00 PM
- £18,933 pro rata for part time
- 37 hours per week
- 2 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed Term/Secondment (18 months)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Business and Finance Team as a Business and Finance Administrator, working from Endeavour House, Ipswich.
Do you have recent experience of financial processes, payments and auditing?
Would you like to work in an incredibly varied, challenging and rewarding role?
Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of adults living in Suffolk?
- You will be processing and auditing payments to the care market.
- You will be using excel at an intermediate level on a daily basis, and must have excellent IT skills.
- You must be able to work flexibly as part of a team, have strong interpersonal skills and have a good understanding of how to deliver a good customer service experience. We will provide you with training and on-going support to achieve this.
- Accurate and timely payment to the care market.
- Accurate and timely entry of provider care contracts into the case management system.
- Budget management for monthly accounting processes.
- Be a case management systems expert.
You will need
- Proven experience of excellent IT skills and the use of excel to at least an intermediate level.
- Experience of working in an environment where payments and auditing of payments occurred.
- Experience of problem solving and attention to detail.
The Business and Finance for Mental Health, Learning Disability and Autism team manage all non-residential payment to care providers for the County. They ensure that contracts are issued to providers in a timely and accurate way. They ensure value for money and help to identify areas to manage demand.
Our team has a culture of being supportive, inclusive and of self-assessment to improve practice and outcomes to our customers.
Join our team for a varied, fast paced and interesting job where you'll meet friendly, encouraging people. You'll be offered on-going training and opportunities to gain knowledge and experience.
Travelling requirements for your role
Infrequent Travel - This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Sharon Turner, Area Business Manager on 01473 265623 or email Sharon.Turner@suffolk.gov.uk
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.