- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 19 September 2021 11:30 PM
- £18,933 pro rata for part time
- 37 hours per week (part time applications will be considered)
A great opportunity to join Suffolk County Council's Assets and Investment, Procurement Team as a Business and Procurement Support Assistant, working from Constantine House, Ipswich.
We are looking to recruit a motivated individual who has excellent communication skills. This role will predominately be working on our helpdesk.
Our WE ASPIRE values set out the behaviours we expect from everyone in the organisation regardless of who they are, what their role or grade is or where they work. The values have been developed through feedback and input from employees at the council and underpin how we go about our everyday work. They define us and help us to be the best we can be. Please see the job and person profile, link below.
As a Business and Procurement Support Assistant, you would be responsible for managing calls and emails coming into the helpdesk, providing advice and guidance on a variety of queries.
You will receive full training on the systems to be effective in the role.
You will need:
- excellent communication skills with a positive attitude to deliver a high standard of customer care
- the ability to deal with enquiries from a variety of people
- good IT, numeracy and literacy skills
- the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
- good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
We are a supportive team, providing advice and guidance to end-users of our Procurement systems. We are based in Ipswich however, flexible, hybrid working practices are in place and we encourage you to discuss these options at the recruitment stage.
We will offer you:
- the opportunity to work within a committed, driven and friendly directorate
- a positive, flexible working environment to create a healthy work-life balance
- the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge across the team.
Travelling requirements for your role
We positively encourage the use of technology to communicate and engage and in this role, there is no expected requirement to travel to other locations.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Nicola Brown on (01473) 264479 or Sue Catt on (01473) 264460, email: email@example.com.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed above.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.