- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 June 2021 11:30 PM
- £18,933 pro rata for part time
- 18.5 hours per week
- Fixed Term (12 months)
As part of your application, you must attach a Supporting Statement which outlines to us how your skills and experience make you a good candidate for the vacancy.
Please ensure you use our Supporting Statement template and your statement is no more than 2 sides of A4 in Arial font size 11. Without this, your application will not be progressed. For more information, check out the How to Apply section of our Career Site.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership as a Business Support Officer, working from Endeavour House, Ipswich.
- Are you someone who cares about ensuring people in your community are kept safe from risk of abuse and exploitation?
- Are you an experienced administrator?
- Would you like to work in an incredibly varied, challenging and rewarding role?
- Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people in Suffolk?
You will be responsible for undertaking a variety of administrative activities to help support the Partnership to successfully support its partners and ensure that children, families and adults at risk are protected from the risk of harm, neglect and exploitation.
You will be a part of a small multiagency team who:
- promote wellbeing and safety
- effectively respond quickly to reports of abuse and neglect
- hold our partners and other agencies to account for undertaking this duty and scrutinise safeguarding actions and outcomes.
You will be the first point of contact for enquiries into the Partnership via phone, email or social media and be responsible for:
- management of Social Media platforms and the Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership Website
- agenda planning, forward planning and Action Plan updates for the meetings of the partnership
- maintaining databases and spreadsheets to enable accurate data and team activity reporting
- organising and preparing for meetings and events including room booking and refreshments.
We are looking for someone who can flexible in an ever changing environment and are a team player, willing to undertake other duties and responsibilities that may be reasonably required
You will need
- a focus on delivering good, high quality customer service to a variety of stakeholders
- to be able to provide signposting to polices and points of help in a confidential environment
- efficient administration and bookkeeping experience.
Travelling requirements for your role
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Amy Underwood on 01473 265500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.