- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- Up to £28,100 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 20 January 2019 01:00 PM
At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 60,000 individuals from cradle to career. Our work spans education, social justice and rehabilitation, children's social care, family support, social action and getting people into work.
Catch22 Include schools helps vulnerable young people with challenging behaviours to realise their full potential.
With extensive experience of delivering services to children and young people who have experienced difficulties in mainstream schools and whose education has irretrievably broken down, we support learners to achieve academic and vocational targets and progress into education, training and employment. This approach delivers significant long-term benefits to learners, parents and carers, communities and local authorities.
Our independent schools and a range of tailored support programmes are targeted at young people who fall into high risk groups in all key stages, including those who are excluded or at risk of exclusion from mainstream schools or Pupil Referral Units (PRUs), and those with social, emotional and / or mental health needs (SEMH) or special educational needs (SEN).
Reporting to the Head Teacher, you will manage the educational environment and a number of Teachers, Advocates, Teaching Assistants and Learning and Support Assistants to support and motivate our students as they undertake a high quality and aspirational curriculum. You will deliver a safe and secure education provision for students with complex needs and behaviours, with the overall goal being to ensure that the school's effectiveness is judged by Ofsted as consistently 'Good' or 'Outstanding'.
As Curriculum and Learning Lead, your duties will include:
- Implement the agreed curriculum and be accountable for its quality as defined by the Catch22 Education plan, school offer, the commissioner and the individual needs of the students
- Engage with parents regarding the progress of learners, ensuring that they are engaged and supportive in all aspects of our delivery
- Manage, implement and monitor the timetable, so that teachers and support staff are deployed effectively and efficiently, ensuring learner success
- Oversee relationships with awarding bodies and ensure a robust internal verification process, by reporting on assessment, moderation and best practices within the area
- Manage and analyse performance data and report to Head Teacher and Head of Region, taking appropriate actions to address areas of underperformance
- Effectively manage the site's finances and resources in line with Catch22's policies and procedures; be responsible for meeting targets for expenditure and income; be the dedicated budget holder for the site
- Be responsible for the safe running of the school site including adhering to all health and safety policies and regulations
- Attended / willing to attend local safeguarding training that complies with national guidance.
You will have experience of:
- managing and leading curriculum
- working in a multi-agency environment, working as the lead professional for extremely complex and challenging students and their families / carers
- Ofsted inspection and a clear understanding / working knowledge of the common inspection framework and independent schools regulations
- financial management
- leading change.
We offer you:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 33 days with service
- a matching annual leave entitlement (up to 33 days) from your current employer when you join us
- a pension scheme with matching contributions of up to 4%
- discounted shopping opportunities.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For more information on our school and to apply, please see our website: smrtr.io/S7J9