- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Landmark House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £20,344 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 22 September 2020 11:30 PM
We are looking for a Business Support Coordinator to join Suffolk’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), based at Landmark House, Ipswich.
You will join a Multi-Agency team, building on good interagency collaboration in Suffolk, working with partner agencies such as health, police, Early Help, probation and education.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- administer business processes and procedures
- provide an efficient and customer focused first point of contact
- provide information about your service area to internal and external customers
- provide and carry out Induction duties
- reporting on MASH data
- involvement in the recruitment process for new staff members
- contribute to internal or external communications, e.g. drafting various documents, creating promotional literature or presentations, this may include using PowerPoint, excel, web-based tools etc
- provide advice to colleagues on routine procedures or policies including on-the-job training and explaining how to undertake specific tasks
- provide cover for team members
- provide an efficient administration, secretarial and/or financial support service, this may include supporting specific teams, meetings or groups
- draft and send routine correspondence
- administer group email boxes.
Working in Suffolk MASH provides employees with an opportunity to gain knowledge of child and adult protection more quickly than other environments and the chance to contribute to decisions that make a real difference on a daily basis. The MASH is a fast paced and dynamic environment which is both rewarding but at times stressful. The work requires staff to be office based, and as such a degree of resilience is needed in order to effectively manage the particular challenges of this working environment.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
Suffolk MASH is committed to negotiating flexible working patterns where appropriate.
For an informal discussion only, please contact MASH Partnerships Manager Lauren Joseph (01473) 263141
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.