- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,426 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 18.5 per week
- Closing date:
- 27 January 2020 11:30 PM
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Support Officer to join our busy multi-agency business support team.
You will play a key role in providing daily administrative support to the Social Care and Early Help teams supporting vulnerable children and their families in the North Coastal area.
The team is currently based in Saxmundham, but is due to relocate to Leiston in January 2020.
Your main activities and responsibilities will include:
- providing efficient administration, supporting teams, meetings and groups
- providing an efficient and customer-focused first point of contact
- monitoring and maintaining the shared email inboxes
- handling queries and distributing to colleagues as appropriate
- administering business processes and procedures
- placing orders for supplies and services and maintain stock levels
- handling petty cash and monitoring budgets
- providing cover for team members
- maintaining office records and filing systems, including electronic systems.
- be a successful administrator with proven ability
- possess excellent organisational and communication skills
- be a strong team player
- have a basic understanding of finance procedures
- possess good knowledge and ability to use everyday IT systems (i.e. Microsoft)
- work to set policies and procedures within deadlines
- be able to work flexibly as part of a team or individually.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Sandra Alston on (01728) 652364 or email: email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
Interview date: 6 February 2020.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.