- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £18,426 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 20 August 2020 11:30 PM
We are looking to recruit an experienced Business Support Officer to provide administrative support to our busy Workforce Development team, on a Secondment.
The Workforce Development team provides a wide range of training opportunities for staff working in Adults and Children and Young People Services within Suffolk County Council.
- be working in a dynamic, creative and supportive team, which has a strong commitment to personal and professional development
- be expected to demonstrate a good team working ethic and a positive, can-do approach to your work
- carry out a comprehensive range of administrative duties to support the efficient delivery of training
- be well organised, calm and methodical, with a flexible approach to cope with the demands of a busy working environment
- manage the end to end administration of training courses. This includes booking venues; uploading courses onto the web-based online booking system (Suffolk CPD Online); managing delegate bookings; and processing supplier invoices
- provide an efficient and customer focused first point of contact
- administer group email boxes
- maintain accurate office records and filing systems, including electronic systems
- provide training reports for colleagues, as required.
You will have:
- NVQ level 2 in an appropriate subject i.e. Business Administration or Customer Services or equivalent knowledge and experience
- demonstrable experience in a range of office and financial procedures
- the ability to plan and organise own workload, taking responsibility for delivery of tasks and a willingness to support colleagues in managing their workloads
- good IT skills, particularly Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc) and the ability and willingness to learn new systems
- a good understanding of how to deliver a positive customer service experience
- an understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements in the workplace
- an ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise your work effectively to meet deadlines.
Please refer to the attached Job and Person Profile for more information about what is required for this role.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.