- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 19 January 2020 11:30 PM
Fixed term for 1 year. Based at Endeavour House, Ipswich or Riverside, Lowestoft.
The Re-engagement Adviser role is a unique post supporting young people aged 16 - 18 in Suffolk who are Not in Education Employment and Training (NEET) and who, for various reasons, are not receiving direct support from staff in our Early Help teams.
You will hold a caseload of young people that you keep in touch with via phone, text and email. You will manage referrals and liaise with internal and external colleagues. Experience of working and supporting young people and understanding the local landscape of provision would be an advantage.
Your approach will be imaginative, individually tailored to the needs and preferences of young people, and could involve offering information, advice and guidance and promoting the most relevant Employment, Education, Training (EET) and re-engagement opportunities.
There may also be an opportunity to help develop and launch a new social media presence to support youth participation.
You will have:
- a confident, friendly and creative approach with young people who may often be reluctant to engage
- the ability to organise and prioritise a varied caseload, thinking smartly and making best use of data systems
- strong team and networking skills to liaise with a county network of Early Help Coaches and external partners about re-engagement opportunities
- responsibility for maintaining accurate records for young people as well as sending and receiving data from partner organisations
- the ability to confidently use Excel, Word and Outlook.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Jayne Bushell on (01502) 674806 or email: email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.