- South Norfolk Council
- Place of work:
- Ketteringham Depot, Ketteringham
- Salary details:
- £6,897 - £7,372 per annum (£17,243 - £18,431 pro rata per annum)
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 24 February 2019 11:30 PM
Do you have a passion for providing great customer service, enjoy engaging with the public and have a can-do attitude? Then read on……
What you could be part of:
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you will be doing:
- Providing and maintaining administrative support including word processing (reports, Excel, workflow diagrams and PowerPoint presentations), filing and database recording and monitoring systems, ensuring accuracy of data at all times
- Assisting the Transport Manager to set up the new Fleet Management system, ensuring all updates are done promptly and accurately
- Raising sales ledger invoices and associated bad debt administration, purchase orders including reconciliation and goods receipting
- Assisting the Transport Manager in developing new and improving existing office systems to meet the overall Directorate objectives.
You must have…
- Previous experience of working with the public
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working under own initiative
- Good IT skills
- The ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and confidentiality.
What’s in it for you:
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after five years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), flexi time, compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. We also support volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Jo Kitchener on (01508) 533973 to answer these for you.
Interview date: 01 March 2019.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.