- South Norfolk Council
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
- Salary details:
- £15,106 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 18 November 2018 11:30 PM
Key information: You will undertake a Business Administration Level 3 qualification as part of your apprenticeship.
Do you enjoy supporting and helping people to develop their skills, knowledge and experience? Are you eager to learn the practices behind learning and development and the benefits this brings to the whole business? Then this could be the start of your career in Local Government.
As a Learning and Development Apprentice, you will provide high quality proactive business administrative support to the Organisational Development Programme Lead and the wider Business Transformation team with a particular focus on supporting the delivery of key learning and development initiatives.
What you could be part of:
You will be part of a team that is central to driving change and delivering continuous improvement programmes in the Council.
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital as our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting the Organisational Development Lead to coordinate the design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of all learning and development events
- Managing all training requests and course bookings
- Supporting training providers to deliver successful training and development events
- Coordinating the delivery of the council’s induction programme
- Publicising events and preparing training materials
- Providing a range of administrative support activities to the Business Transformation Team and wider business
- Ensuring you are a role model for our Moving Forward Together values, competencies and behaviours
- Supporting staff through our collaboration with Broadland
- Maintaining accurate records.
You must have:
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- The ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- A customer focused and can-do approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of a range of computer packages e.g Microsoft Word, Excel etc,
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
What is in it for you:
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), flexi time, on site staff restaurant, compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. We also offer support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Jeannette Evans on (01508) 533937 to answers these for you.
Interview date: 3 December 18.