- Stowmarket Town Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £12,683 pa
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 25 October 2019 01:00 PM
24 hpw, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am - 3pm. You will be required to attend around 1 - 2 evening meetings per year and around 3 - 4 weekend events per year.
In this role, you will provide direct secretarial support to the Mayor. You will organise the calendar of civic events under the direction of the Communities and Partnerships Manager, providing effective administrative and organisational support for all civic activities and events. Please be aware that this role is positioned on reception and holds responsibility for reception duties.
Stowmarket Town Council Values:
- We will promote strong corporate governance, safeguarding public funds and deploying them in an effective way on behalf of the local community
- We will demonstrate high standards of conduct and treat people fairly and with respect
- We will be approachable and willing to help people seek solutions to the issues that concern them
- We will work positively with partners and local communities to develop the town's services and amenities
- We will be an innovative and forward-thinking organisation that supports positive change in the town.
- Administer and maintain all calendar bookings and diaries on behalf of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor
- Be responsible for organising and co-ordinating all civic events under the direction of the Communities and Partnerships Manager that take place each year, including Civic Service, Remembrance Day, Christmas Town Carol Service and others that may arise
- Liaise with officers across the council on the planning and organisation of all civic events involving the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillors and / or other dignitaries. Providing advice and requirements regarding the organisation of events, including road closures
- Be responsible for the Chains of Office, robes and provide advice on the appropriate 'dress code' for particular civic duties, and whether Chains should be worn
- Be a signatory on and undertake financial administration of the Mayor's Fund, including processing payments, contributions and donations
- Provide administrative support to the Mayor for their annual event to raise funds for their chosen Mayoral charity
- Be responsible for managing the civic and ceremonial budget including preparation and arrangement of purchase orders or petty cash
- Assist the Communities and Partnership Manager with administrative support when necessary.
- work calm and effectively under pressure, able to prioritise your own workload and operate with limited supervision to tight deadlines
- have the ability to write clearly and concisely with attention to detail
- have clear written and verbal communications skills
- have a high level of literacy and numeracy
- be a good team worker, but also able to work on your own initiative
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be organised, flexible and competent at prioritising your workload
- have a positive attitude and be self-motivated
- be able to deal with a range of people in a professional and courteous manner.
Ideally, you will have experience of working in a local authority and / or the organisation and administration of events.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org