- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 04 February 2020 11:30 PM
Fixed term for up to 2 years to undertake the apprenticeship.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Lowestoft and Waveney Multi-Agency Business Support Team as an apprentice, undertaking a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship.
As a Business Support Officer, you will play a key role in providing daily administrative support to the social care and Early Help teams supporting vulnerable children and their families within Lowestoft and Waveney.
Your main activities and responsibilities will include:
- providing efficient administration, supporting teams, meetings and groups
- providing an efficient and customer focused first point of contact
- monitoring and maintaining shared email inboxes
- handling queries and distributing to colleagues as appropriate
- administering business processes and procedures
- placing orders for supplies and services and maintain stock levels
- handling petty cash and monitoring budgets
- providing cover for team members
- maintaining office records and filing systems, including electronic systems.
- have the desire to gain valuable work-based skills and experience
- possess excellent organisational and communication skills
- be a strong team player
- possess good knowledge and the ability to use every day IT systems (i.e. Microsoft)
- work to set policies and procedures within deadlines
- have the determination to succeed in your qualification and in the workplace.
Apprenticeships have changed, there is now no upper age limit on being an apprentice and we welcome applications from anyone who is interested in starting or further developing their career in this area. For more information on who is eligible to apply for an apprenticeship please follow the link below.
Please note there is no guarantee of a permanent position. We believe that the experience you will gain throughout your apprenticeship will significantly enhance your ability to find employment inside or outside our organisation.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion, please contact Yvette Lipscombe on (01502) 674699.
Please read the Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure before applying for this job. The position described is the one you would aspire to, not the apprenticeship.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.