- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £17,364 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 17 June 2019 01:00 PM
Required from September 2019 in Ipswich and the surrounding area.
30 hpw, fixed term for 1 year.
Will you finish your degree in 2019? Or have you recently completed your degree? Or perhaps you are considering a change in career?
Are you interested in gaining experience in teaching, or working with children of primary school age?
Our Graduate Internships offer the chance to earn whilst finding out whether working in a school is for you.
As well as equipping you to train for teaching we can offer experience that will assist you in building a career in speech therapy, social work, educational psychology or SEN, by enabling you to evidence time working with children in support of applications for further professional training.
Release time is provided for relevant training and development across the internship year and networking is supported across the intern group.
Our internships provide:
- experience right across the age range in the school
- a thorough induction to school life
- opportunities to work with small groups of children to move their learning on
- support for clubs and other activities - applying your skills and interests
- real classroom based experience, supporting children and learning from excellent teachers
- relevant training, including phonics, maths and the use of intervention strategies for SEN pupils
- an individualised programme to meet your needs
- networking opportunities with other interns.
You will need:
- a good honours degree, (or be in your final year and be predicted to achieve one), preferably 2:1 or above
- good literacy and numeracy skills - GCSEs in English and mathematics at grade C / level 4 or equivalent are essential and preferably at grade B / level 5 or above. A GCSE grade C / level 4 or above (or equivalent) in science is also preferable (note that you would require this if you decide to train as a primary teacher in the future)
- some experience of working with children, whether in a voluntary or paid capacity
- commitment to working with children and aspirations for your future career
- to use your initiative and work well in a team
- to be willing to participate in the wider life of the school to gain the most from the experience
- to commit to the whole school year.
For more information on internships, including case studies, visit: www.risinghighsuffolk.org.uk/graduates/graduate-internships-in-suffolk-schools
Interview date: 20 June 2019.
Interviews will be held in schools.