- Ipswich Borough Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £24,808 - £26,646 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 25 February 2019 05:00 PM
Ipswich Borough Council is a progressive and dynamic authority with a large and varied property portfolio. This is an exciting time to join the Maintenance and Contracts team and we are currently looking for a Carpenter to carry out a variety of repairs to domestic properties. You will be able work on your own initiative or within a team of operatives carrying out a wide range of duties connected with the repair, renew and maintenance of council owned properties in an efficient, effective and customer focused manner.
Day to day duties:
- Responsible for carrying out a range of duties connected with the repair and maintenance of council owned properties
- Organising and managing materials required, reading, keeping records, handing in job records daily, and following administrative procedures as directed
- Working to a high-quality standard, ensuring high-quality workmanship and maintaining an acceptable level of productivity commensurate with earnings
- The use of new IT technology as required ensuring the delivery of goals and objectives as set within contract specification
- Carry out duties, which require possession of a reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy (as the job requires you to complete time sheets and claim forms, keeping records and to fulfil statutory checks as required)
- Represent IBC in a manner conducive with the standards expected, including the carrying of an identity card and wearing of the uniform supplied
- Communication with customers, M&C management team and members of the public in a polite manner placing the highest possible emphasis on customer care; encouraging customer involvement and feedback
- Responsible for maintaining health, safety and welfare of self, other employees and members of the public ensuring adherence to safe working practices and environmental procedures.
- possess a C & G Craft / Advanced Craft Certificate
- be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent in English and mathematics
- have experience of the building industry
- have knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety issues
- be a team player
- have a full and valid driving licence.
For more information, please contact Steven Fisher on (01473) 432775 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at: www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs where you will need to log in or sign up to 'My Ipswich' to complete the online application form for this vacancy.
Interview date: w/c 4 March 2019. The selection process will be an interview and Trade Tests.