- Lofty Heights
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 09 March 2021 05:00 PM
- £18,720 pa*
- 40 hpw, Monday - Friday plus occasional additional hours
- Required from mid-March 2021.
*Basic hourly rate paid for additional hours worked.
Fixed term for 12 months, initially following satisfactory DBS checks and successful completion of 6 month probationary period.
Would you like to work for an award-winning social enterprise? Are you someone who can make what may seem impossible - possible?
Lofty Heights CIC is a social enterprise based in Ipswich providing practical help and support to vulnerable people living in cluttered and hoarded homes across Suffolk.
Through the services we provide we aim to reduce risk, improve mental health and wellbeing and improve the quality of life of vulnerable people. We do this by improving their living conditions. Many of the people with whom we work, experience a range of complex physical and/or mental health issues.
We are looking for three keen, hardworking, enthusiastic, honest and reliable people to join our team.
We operate across Suffolk and surrounding areas. The post includes driving company vehicles, so you must hold a full and current driving licence. Some jobs require early starts or late finishes and you must be punctual, so access to personal transport is an advantage.
Your working day will usually start and finish at our base in Ipswich. Use of a company vehicle will get you and a team mate to each day's job anywhere in the county.
You will need to be physically fit and prepared to do manual work, as the services we provide are all of a practical nature.
- decluttering and thoroughly cleaning homes
- moving furniture
- re-organising space to accommodate hospital equipment
- clearing overgrown gardens and house clearances.
- full driving licence and access to personal transport
- have or willing to gain experience of driving large vans
- physically fit as required to lift heavy items of furniture and other equipment
- flexible team player
- experience of working in a caring/support role desirable
- good communicator
- ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- good written and verbal skills
- good understanding of the importance of client confidentiality.
Our ideal candidates are:
- people with experience of care or support work
- individuals who love a challenge and prepared to roll up their sleeves getting stuck in to dirty and grimy cleaning jobs
- people with a can do attitude, prepared to take the initiative whilst at the same time being able to work as part of a team
- the ability to be supportive and understanding of the situations of the anxious vulnerable people we work with
- prepared to go the extra mile taking pride in their work knowing that at the end of the day it will make a difference to the life of a vulnerable person
- prepared to be flexible because no two days are the same.
In this role, you will:
- create trusting and positive relationships with customers, family carers and professionals
- provide general advice and guidance to customers to help them make decisions and choices about the possessions they might wish to keep or let go
- be prepared to engage with customers helping them achieve realistic goals and outcomes that reduce risks and improve their living conditions
- be prepared to engage with family carers and professionals
- follow written instructions provided on task sheets or verbal instructions relating to individual jobs
- have good basic literacy and numeracy skills
- complete paperwork required for each job in order to provide information on progress made each session, report issues arising, provide information that needs to be communicated to other team members and professionals involved in providing care or support to the individual
- take photographs at the end of each day to provide information on progress
- signpost customers to a range of services to help them live independently and safely at home
- monitor progress against task sheets provided.
For further information regarding the post, please see our website: www.lofty-heights.org
For an informal conversation, please contact Olive Quinton on 07745215114 by 17 February 2021 latest.
Advice of Information Session to be held midday - 1.30pm, 23 February 2021 (please supply an email address for an invite to TEAMS Information Session) after which interested candidates can request an application form.
Video interviews: panel to be agreed; 17-18 March 2021 (times to be agreed).