- Ickworth Park Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £17,364 - £18,426 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 07 June 2019 01:00 PM
20 hpw, 44 weeks a year.
Working 1.5 hours in the morning, 2.5 hours each afternoon / evening (Monday - Friday)
Caretaker and COSHH training is preferred but not essential.
We are seeking the right person to support our team, someone who is hands on with a few D.I.Y. skills, who can help keep our school running clean and tidy and smoothly.
You will be supported by an experienced cleaner.
Duties to include:
- ensure premises are locked / unlocked and secure
- ensure fire doors are operational and test alarms
- may be required to be on-call in the event of emergencies
- liaise as necessary with school staff, contractors and county architects when other works are required or being undertaken on site
- assist with work involved in refurbishment programmes e.g. decorating, assembly and fitting of shelves, cupboards etc
- ensure all plant and equipment is maintained to the required standard
- ensure all outside services are maintained, including drains, and hard areas
- ordering of goods and supplies
- ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to, reporting any shortcomings to Office Manager / Headteacher
- keep playground and paths clean and litter free as directed
- undertake cleaning and maintenance during school closures in accordance with specification.
The duties and responsibilities of this post may vary from time to time and you may be expected to undertake other duties of a similar level / nature which is considered appropriate to the level of this post.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
For more information about the role, and to apply, please visit our website: www.ickworthpark.suffolk.sch.uk
Interview date: 17 June 2019.
The Governors and Staff at Ickworth Park Primary School take Safeguarding very seriously. Relevant checks, references and DBS will be carried out prior to starting, information and forms are on our website.