- The Willows Daycare
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £10,337.15 - £10,806.43 pa
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 23 January 2019 01:00 PM
25 hpw, 5 hours per day, Monday - Friday, all year.
An opportunity has arisen for a daycare cook to join our friendly team at The Willows Daycare.
We are a non-profit charity nursery that opened in January 2007. We provide a safe, secure and exciting environment in which children aged birth to 11 years have the opportunity to begin their journey of lifelong learning, exploration and play. We are located in Ipswich, a 10-minute drive from the town centre and a 5-minute drive from A12 / A14.
Our friendly, homely, Ofsted 'Outstanding', 46 place Nursery is looking for Cook to run the kitchen. You will be able plan, prepare and cook nutritious and balanced food to meet the needs of the children, ensuring that all legal, safety and individual requirements are met at all times.
Key responsibilities include:
- providing fresh, nutritious and well-presented meals, suitable for children and babies, aged birth to 11 years, according to the current menus
- maintaining a high standard of hygiene at all times and following infection / cross contamination control procedures
- constantly being aware of special dietary needs, referring to food allergies, food intolerances, cultural needs, vegetarian requirements etc. according to the special dietary needs form in the kitchen
- being aware of and carrying out duties in connection with Health and Safety at work (e.g. risk assessments, COSHH, RIDDOR etc.) and to update and manage the safer food, better business file daily
- being familiar with procedures carried out in case of an accident / fire
- following standard food hygiene procedures (e.g. food temperature checks and monitoring. recording this daily)
- washing up following meal-times.
A food safety qualification is desirable but not essential, providing you are willing to learn and carry out a Food Safety Level 2 qualification.
If you have any queries or to request an application form, please telephone (01473) 601327 or email: email@example.com
Please complete and send your application form to: Jo Lynch / Lucy Ray, The Willows Daycare, Magdalene Close, Ipswich IP2 9UX. Applications may also be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure. This position is exempt from the requirements of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.