- Orwell Housing
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £65,000 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 23 October 2020 01:00 PM
Use your expertise - Together We Make the Difference
Are you a solutions-focussed senior finance professional who works collaboratively and can deliver effectively?
Is it important to you that the work you do has a direct impact on the quality of our service to our customers?
At Orwell our mission is 'Together we make a difference' and alongside our values of people focussed, ambitious, collaborative and effective, our passion and our aim to work efficiently are at the heart of all we do.
2020 continues to be an exciting year for us and this is a great opportunity to bring your experience to the table as Orwell evolves and the implementation of our Transformation Plan continues.
Through this Plan we aim to:
- - Differentiate
- - Modernise
- - Innovate
- - Deliver
We are seeking an experienced leader to join the Executive Team at this exciting time.
As an integral member of the Leadership team, the Assistant Director of Resources is responsible for providing strategic professional vision, guidance and leadership, to meet and further Orwell’s objectives.
- lead our Finance, Risk, Procurement, Fleet and Governance business areas, and act as Company Secretary
- act as a positive member of the Leadership team, encouraging collaboration and enthusiasm for the effective management of Orwell, inspiring a culture that delivers results and service excellence.
- ideally be a proven and innovative professional, holding a senior accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent work experience and a leadership qualification.
You must have worked at a senior level, have a proven track record of successfully leading a multi-functional team, who can help shape and deliver Orwell’s mission with flare, creativity and a real desire to make a difference.
You will ideally have experience in:
- performing at a senior level, ideally within the social housing sector
- leading an effective team and business streams including governance, risk and procurement
- treasury management, managing a loan portfolio and being accountable for covenant and long-term financial projections
- corporate governance practices and issues
- transforming functions into modern, business-focussed services
- supporting the development of strategic finance plans and funding streams
- working with boards and committees and as part of an effective senior team.
If the thought of influencing transformational change and culture in a forward thinking, ambitious organisation excites you, then we would love to hear from you.
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer and a Silver Standard Investors in People accredited organisation. We aim to provide a supportive working environment alongside a non-judgemental and open culture, that promotes workplace wellbeing.
We offer you:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Health Screening
- Ongoing training and development.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website: www.orwell-housing.co.uk
Interview date: 2 - 13 November 2020.
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks which are always required to be worn in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.