- Suffolk Rape Crisis
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £25,200 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 27 May 2019 05:00 PM
Your main responsibilities will include:
- recruitment and co-ordination of volunteers for Suffolk Rape Crisis, and promoting the SRC helpline regionally to the public and other agencies
- developing and delivering SRC’s volunteer strategy to ensure that we have a robust and motivated volunteer team that can meet the needs of SRC and our service users
- working with other SRC staff and the SRC trustee group to develop and sustain the project, specifically developing our support to survivors online and via social media
- leading on developing relationships with new and existing supporters of SRC across Suffolk with the aim of building the visibility of the service and fundraising opportunities.
The Volunteer and Helpline Co-ordinator role is both an internal and external facing role and includes some evening and weekend work to meet the needs of the service.
Flexible working will be considered.
Suffolk Rape Crisis (SRC) is a feminist organisation, which aims to:
- support survivors of rape or sexual abuse aged 14+; we work to empower survivors and help them to maintain control of their lives
- raise awareness about rape, sexual abuse and sexual violence
- provide information, guidance, training, and expertise within the community
- contribute to policy initiatives and strategies aimed at improving the service provision for survivors
- actively challenge the values, beliefs and behaviours which contribute to sexual and gender-based violence
- work in partnership with local service providers and communities to promote the values of SRC.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.srchelp.org.uk/home/joinus