- MAVAM Supported Housing Ltd.
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 28 June 2021 04:30 PM
- £10.88 - £11.98 per hour / £21,216.00 - £23,361.00 pa
- Sleep-ins £62.65 a night
- On call £17.50 per day
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new supported housing project.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Team Leader at our new service opening soon in North Lowestoft. You will have a proven track record of positive teamwork in a supported housing setting or related field.
For the first six months you will be required to work in Ipswich, undertaking training and helping with all aspects of establishing the new service. Travel expenses will be paid for this.
Mavam Supported Housing is an established provider of supported housing throughout Suffolk. This new service will provide 24/7 support to people aged 16+ with complex needs associated with mental health difficulties and/or a learning disability.
The focus of support is to enable users of the service to maximise their potential and to live as independently as possible, whilst helping them to achieve goals which they set for themselves.
- Ensuring that service users are at the heart of the service
- Being proactive and providing guidance, support, and leadership
- Providing formal and informal supervision and appraisal
- Actively contributing to the development of the team
- Having good communication skills – verbal, written and IT literate
- Being well organised
- Taking responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users
- Promoting service users’ rights, choice, independence, individuality, privacy and dignity
- Efficiently and effectively managing the day to day running of the service ensuring that required standards are met
- Understanding Health and Safety requirements associated with the role
- Continually maintaining accurate and clear record keeping
- Liaising with other professionals
- Ensuring that the needs of the users of the service are being met and regularly reviewing and recording any changes in need.
What we can offer you
- Fully paid comprehensive training and induction
- The opportunity to study a nationally recognised qualification
- Career progression and internal opportunities
- To be part of a friendly and supportive organisation
- Staff pension scheme
- Annual Christmas party
- Death in service life cover
- Overtime available
- Free Professional Financial advice (through a partnership company)
- Refer a friend scheme payment
- Fully funded DBS checks.
If you have a passion for delivering an outstanding service, good interpersonal skills and are an enthusiastic and reliable team player then we would love to hear from you.
The job is predominantly Monday - Friday, but some shift work may be required including evenings, weekends, and sleep in shifts to meet the needs of the service. You will need to provide out of hours on-call on a rota basis.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
If you would like to discuss the position further then please call Tony Goulbourne on 07720 636322 .
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section. Apply today by submitting a completed application form to: email@example.com or call 0800 133 7355 or (01473) 487373 (during office hours).
Interview date: 14 July 2021.