- Laxfield Pre-school
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 21 May 2021 01:00 PM
- Salary negotiable
- 35 hours per week, term time only
- Maternity cover, with potential for extension
Laxfield Pre-school cares for children aged 6 months – 5 years, situated in a rural village. We are open term time only, with sessions between the hours 8.30am - 3.30pm.
We are looking to recruit a Pre-school Manager, starting in July 2021 to join our dedicated, enthusiastic and friendly team.
- To manage the Preschool staff and undertake all the duties of the manager
- Provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children and maintain a safe, stimulating, and enjoyable environment
- Manage and oversee the planning, delivery, and monitoring of the EYFS curriculum
- To reflect on current practice and ensure the provision of education and childcare is meeting the agreed quality standards
You will have:
- A relevant qualification Level 3 or above or equivalent
- At least one year’s post-qualification experience
- Excellent communication skills are essential together with a friendly and flexible approach
- Commitment to young children and families
- Experience of observation and assessment of the developmental needs of children
- Basic First Aid and a Food Hygiene Certificate.
- To work with staff and committee to contribute to the overall ethos or the pre-school
- To deploy staff on a day-to-day basis (indoors and outside) to ensure correct ratios are maintained
- To support all staff and monitor systems in place, eg effective key person system, Learning Journeys, Two Year Checks and Development Matters Summary, IEPs, Behaviour Management Plans, Safeguarding and Welfare documentation and personnel records
- To ensure that all staff, comply at all times with all legal requirements and the pre-school’s policies, procedures, including confidentiality and sharing information
- To carry out safer recruitment practices and mentor work experience students, newly appointed staff and volunteers
- To have excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively work with children families, staff, outside professionals and other agencies as necessary
- To induct, supervise and contribute to performance management of staff according to policies and procedures.
To apply, please download an application pack from the related information section. Please send the application form, along with a copy of your CV if possible to: email@example.com