- St Andrews Pre-School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £7.70 - £8.21 ph*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 01 January 2020 01:00 PM
A minimum of 14.5 hpw (likely more), Monday - Friday.
Post 1: Maternity cover. Required from March / April 2020.
Post 2: Permanent. Required ASAP.
St Andrews Pre-School is a committee run pre-school offering sessional term time care. We operate two age rooms running a morning session (8.40am - 11.40am), lunch club (11.40am - 12.40pm) and afternoon session (12.30pm - 3.30pm). You will be required to work flexible hours around these session times.
As an Early Years Practitioner, you will work as part of a team to ensure the children are given the best possible start in their early years.
You will have good communication skills and a willing attitude towards working with others in the team.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- key person for a small group of children
- completing individual observations, assessment and planning in line with the EYFS and Development Matters
- taking part in parent's evenings and creating strong parent partnerships to support the children and families
- working as part of the team to meet the needs of all children, identifying individual needs and promoting best practice
- attending staff meetings and training for personal and professional development.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- A minimum of level 3 in childcare is essential
- Experience of working with children from the age of 2
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation and how to promote the welfare of young children
- Knowledge of Ofsted standards
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of / willingness to learn to use online learning journeys.
You will be given ongoing support and opportunities for your professional development.
* wage is dependent on age and experience.
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org