- Woodpeckers Private Nursery
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 02 July 2019 01:00 PM
Are you a passionate and proactive practitioner who is enthusiastic about working in early years?
Would you like to join an inspiring and supportive team?
We are looking for an individual to join our Woodpeckers family and be confident at leading a team of staff within one of our main rooms within our setting.
Here at Woodpeckers Nursery we are proud to provide a home from home environment within which our fledglings can thrive and grow with the care and support of our family of practitioners. We take a holistic approach and work alongside our little ones exploring new opportunities together, observing their interests, and providing unique and quality play opportunities. Our family values are reflected through the environments that we have created and through how we support each other daily.
Woodpeckers Nursery is not just a place to learn it is a way of life, the foundations of life's journey, culture and community. Our practitioners are our family, their passions and beliefs make us who we are.
- have a minimum level 3 childcare qualification
- be inspirational, organised, calm, approachable, and innovative
- have relevant and recent experience.
Your main responsibilities and tasks will include:
- leading a team of staff to successfully run and look after one of our main rooms at our setting
- promoting positive relationships in the early years' setting
- promoting the health, safety and well-being of the children
- supporting the children's development, learning and play
- being a Key Person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families. Being aware of the importance of tracking and monitoring progress
- implementing effective planning systems
- contributing to the effectiveness of team work
- being a role model and showcasing high quality practice with regards to individual and group work with children
- taking responsibility alongside the Nursery Management Team for the safety, security and well-being of all children, staff and visitors at all times
- ensuring that safeguarding procedures are followed in line with Local Authority and Company procedures
- embracing, understanding and promoting Woodpecker's ethos and understanding the role you play as part of the team to provide high levels of care and education.
For further information, or an informal conversation about the role please call Jeff or Deirdre on (01787) 377707.
To apply please send an email detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this role, along with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org