- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing Date
- 29 June 2021 11:30 PM
- Year 1 - £8,295 per annum; Year 2 – National Minimum wage
- 21-month training contract
- Based in Melton, near Woodbridge, or Lowestoft (depending on candidates’ preference), with some remote working.
Apprenticeship start date: 13 September 2021
East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk. We have an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can earn money as well as gaining experience and a recognised qualification, then look no further!
A unique opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our newly created Funding and Strategy team, within the Coastal Partnership East Service.
Your role will be to:
- Work closely with Funding & Strategy Team colleagues to help secure funding for coastal resilience projects and communities across Suffolk and beyond.
- Support the development of key reports and documents, such as funding applications, business cases and meeting presentations, plus online content.
- Research local, national and international topics such as policy, coastal resilience case studies and climate change and produce briefings for the team.
Our ideal candidate will have strong IT skills, as well as an interest in relevant themes such as climate change, tourism, business or finance. Excellent accuracy and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grades 4 -9/Grade C and above (or equivalent) including English and Maths. No previous experience is required, as full training will be provided.
So, what can we offer you in return?
- A fully funded and supported Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
- Generous holiday entitlements.
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services.
- Valuable work-based skills from day one.
- The opportunity to meet and work alongside other apprentices in the organisation.
- Great training and development opportunities to add to your CV.
Our recently graduated apprentices have worked together to create a video to tell you a little bit about their experience of being an apprentice at East Suffolk Council, which we hope you find insightful.
We are pleased to announce that we will be holding a virtual open evening via Zoom on the 21st June 2021, 6pm – 7.15pm. This will give you the opportunity to find out more about East Suffolk Council’s apprenticeship scheme, learn more about each of our available opportunities direct from the placement managers and ask any questions you have. Please email HR@eastsuffolk.gov.uk to book your place at our virtual open evening.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, all interviews will be completed virtually. The majority of our teams are working from home and there is strict social distancing measures in place for the limited number of staff working from our offices. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements if you were the successful candidate, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
If you think you could bring enthusiasm, fresh ideas and a different perspective to East Suffolk Council, we would like to hear from you!
Please ensure you read the job description, person specification and application advice before applying for this apprenticeship.
For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Paul Mackie on 07825118235, or alternatively email HR@eastsuffolk.gov.uk.
Interview date: w/c 12 July 2021 or w/c 19 July 2021