- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 01 August 2021 11:30 PM
- £36,922 to £40,876 per annum.
- Based in Lowestoft or Melton (dependent on candidates’ preference).
East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference in people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Employment and Enterprise Programme Manager to join our busy Economic Regeneration Team.
Your role will be to manage the development and implementation of the employment and enterprise regeneration theme within the Lowestoft Town Investment Plan, ensuring it is delivery within agreed scope, timelines, budgets and meets success criteria. It will involve raising awareness of the programme in stimulating local economic growth, managing the successful delivery of a wide range of projects, preparing funding bids, writing reports, and working with a wide range of stakeholders.
You will have experience of managing complex projects, writing reports and delivering briefings to a range of audiences, as well as a good understanding of the heritage, conservation and regeneration agenda. You will also have excellent interpersonal skills, be a strategic and creative thinker and be educated to degree level or equivalent.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access.
Find out via our video, why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council and why our employees think it is such a great place to work.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Great training and development opportunities.
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Local government pension scheme.
- Free car parking (for when you are working in the office)
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, the majority of our teams are working from home and there are strict social distancing measures in place for the limited number of staff working from our offices. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements if you were the successful candidate, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
Please read the job description and person specification before applying for this job.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Darren Newman (Economic Regeneration Manager) on 07771971336.
Interview date: w/c 16 August 2021.