- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Suffolk Coastal Port Health Authority, Felixstowe
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 28 July 2021 11:30 PM
- £24,982 to £27,741 per annum.
- Based at the Suffolk Coastal Port Health Authority, Felixstowe, Suffolk.
Port Health’s mission is the protection of public and animal health, carrying out a range of checks to ensure imported goods are safe for all of us in the UK.
This role is crucial to supporting these operations, as you will be responsible for Suffolk Coastal Port Health Authority’s (SCPHA) finance, contracts, and procurement requirements.
Working alongside our Assistant Finance Officer, you will be involved in raising purchase orders, paying invoices, raising invoices, and reconciling credit card records. You will also be responsible for handling procurement ordering and acquisitions and the monitoring of external contracts, ensuring service level agreements are maintained. Your role will also involve collating financial data to assist with decision making and budgeting, so the ability to compile detailed information and present it in a suitable format for the audience is essential.
A proven track record in delivering transactional accountancy will also be required, as well as experience of accounting systems, good organisational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access.
Find out via our video, why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council and why our employees think it is such a great place to work.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Opportunities for training and development to enable you to build a great career with our organisation.
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Local government pension scheme
- Free car parking.
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services
Please read the job description and person specification before applying for this job.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Bradley Borley on 01394 613330 or email HR@eastsuffolk.gov.uk.
Interview date: 5 August 2021.