- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Creeting Road Depot, Stowmarket
- Salary details:
- £28,785 - £33,799
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 02 April 2020 01:00 PM
Full time, part time or job share opportunities considered.
An exciting opportunity to provide Maternity Cover for one of our Waste Management Officer posts working at our operational depots in both Stowmarket and Sudbury (post based at Stowmarket).
The role supports the delivery of our varied Waste Services functions to all the homes and over 1600 businesses across the Babergh and Mid-Suffolk districts.
Key duties include:
- Working with our service partner Serco to ensure a first-class service and customer experience are delivered to our residents and businesses,
- Resolving service issues and dealing with complex customer queries
- Management of the Environmental Permit of the site
- Promoting and planning Waste Reduction and Recycling campaigns including supporting and attending events.
Candidates need to be able to work around the district and transport is provided for this role. A full clean driving licence is required. CoTC – Treatment and Transfer of Hazardous Waste – qualification is desirable.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils are committed to agile and flexible working practices (subject to business need). We believe that work is something we do and not somewhere we go; we want our staff to feel enabled and empowered to fully embrace these opportunities.
Based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, we can offer great opportunities for training and development and we will give you all the support you need.
We offer flexible working options, a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and a pension scheme.
For an informal discussion about this role please call Oliver Faiers on 01449 724823 or email him at Oliver.Faiers@baberghmidsuffolk.gov.uk .