- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 14 November 2018 01:00 PM
We have an exciting opportunity to work in the Financial Inclusion and Advice Service (FIAS), to provide support in all financial aspects of the work of Adult and Community Services (ACS).
Duties will include:
- financial assessments for adult care services
- liaising with customers and their representatives and colleagues in Social Work Services
- processing payment of direct payments and providing advice to customers and professionals
- preparing information to enable customers to be billed correctly for their care services and acting on behalf of ACS in our role as Court of Protection Deputy for Customers who are unable to manage their own finances.
You should have strong numeracy and customer service skills and an ability to learn and use complex legal frameworks in your work.
This is an exciting time for Adult and Community Services and we are currently recruiting following a redesign of our social care service, putting in place locality and partnership working and enhancing our integration with health. Our redesign keeps the residents of Suffolk at the centre of what we do.
For an informal discussion, please contact Ben Ankers on (01473) 264939.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.