- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 24 July 2019 01:00 PM
FIAS (Financial Inclusion and Advice Service), Adult and Community Services.
This is exciting opportunity for you to take up a key role and provide financialsupport to the service.
In this role you will primarily act on behalf of the council as Court of Protection Deputy and Appointee for customers who are unable to manage their own finances and benefit claims.
Duties will include:
- Managing a number of client’s finances as a case worker
- Applying for Benefits on behalf of your clients
- Liaising with customers and their representatives and colleagues in Social Work Services in regard to financial decisions
- Processing payments and providing advice to customers and professionals
- Preparing information to enable customers to be billed correctly for their care services.
You should have strong numeracy and customer service skills and an ability to learn and use complex legal frameworks in your work.
Our workplace values
Above all, we are seeking a great team member with the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Achieve – be the best we can be
- Support – work as one team
- Pride – take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – give and earn respect
- Empower – empower, encourage and motivate people.
For an informal discussion only please contact Sharon Thompson on 07515 188468.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.