- Ipswich Borough Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £22,522 - £23,991
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 16 November 2018 12:00 PM
Ipswich Borough Council's Payroll Team are based within the Human Resources Team and provide a complete payroll service for 13 monthly payrolls and one weekly payroll for a variety of organisations within Ipswich.
We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Advisor whereby a main duty will include the preparation and processing of the weekly and monthly payrolls, which involves:
- Processing starters and leavers
- Changes to individual's employment details
- Changes to structures / line management responsibilities
- Updating HR databases
- Pensions administration (starter notifications, opt outs and service history queries)
- Accounts administration
- Producing standard Payroll letters as required.
Other main duties include:
- Assist in performing the weekly and monthly payroll balancing tasks and HMRC responsibilities, such as RTI transmissions and pay overs to official bodies and auto enrolment
- Process weekly and monthly absences including occupational sickness and maternity schemes
- Provide an HR Helpdesk customer focussed first point of contact for all HR queries (via Your HR)
- Capture and manage all operational queries by phone or email or post including scanning any incoming paper communication.
- Signpost relevant policies and procedures for customers and giving basic advice and interpreting HR Policies.
- Respond to basic hr4u queries.
- Collate and recording log of calls and responses to create a shared Frequently Asked Question database.
You will be highly motivated and organised with exceptional communication and customer service skills. This post would be an ideal opportunity for an experienced Payroll Assistant to progress within their career.
Experience of working in a busy Payroll Team is essential. Experience of local government terms and conditions and the Local Government Pension Scheme would be advantageous, although full training will be given.
For more information about this role, please contact Fiona Thomson on (01473) 433932 or via email at: Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at: www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs where you will need to log in or sign up to 'My Ipswich' to complete the online application form for this vacancy.
Interview date: 30 November 2018. The selection process will be a test followed by an interview.