- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Halesworth Service Delivery Centre; Rougham Service Delivery Centre
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 20 January 2020 01:00 PM
Position 1: Halesworth Service Delivery Centre.
Position 2: Rougham Service Delivery Centre.
Please state which position you would prefer in your application.
We are looking for people with a passion for improving the way we work.
Working in the Highway Licensing and Enforcement team, the main purpose of the role is to;
- manage the team that processes requests for transient licences (materials on the highway, skips, scaffold, banners etc.)
- manage requests for permanent licences (benches, planters, signboards etc.)
- work with others to provide an efficient enforcement service which ensures compliance with Suffolk County Council policy
- oversee a robust third-party insurance service.
You will also, in line with the Enforcement and Licensing team’s impartial and independent role, treat all parties (e.g. Suffolk Highways, public utilities, private contractors, other authorities and members of the public) appropriately, in the same manner.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Mark Kerridge 07799 646192 or Guy Smith 07867 500402.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.