- Orwell Housing
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £29,680 - £31,242 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 29 May 2020 01:00 PM
37 hpw. Based at Emily Bray House, Ipswich.
Orwell is a leading provider of social care in Suffolk with CQC registered care provision for older people.
We offer specially designed accommodation in a supportive environment and a homely atmosphere, which helps people to make choices, retain their independence and ultimately have control over their own lives.
Orwell values its talented Care Professionals and are looking for a Service Manager to join our amazing team at Emily Bray House, Ipswich.
- be the registered manager with CQC
- ensure excellent care is delivered to our customers living in 45 one and two-bedroom apartments, all self-contained which are specially designed for those who have unique care needs
- lead and develop a dedicated team, to be the best they can be every day
- liaise with agencies, promote the care offer locally, and manage the finances
- have leadership expertise in a care setting for older people
- be QCF/NVQ 5 qualified (or working towards)
- have a practical understanding of CQC standards and expectations
- have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- be versatile, resilient and self-motivated.
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer and a Silver Standard Investors in People accredited organisation. We aim to provide a supportive working environment alongside a non-judgemental and open culture, that promotes workplace wellbeing.
As part of our benefits package you can enjoy:
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- reward and recognition scheme
- continued training and development
- wellbeing commitment
- opportunity to join a defined benefit pension scheme.
To apply and for further information, please go to: orwellhousing.Service-Manager-Emily-Bray-House
Interview date: w/c 8 June 2020.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.