- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Constantine House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £25,295 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 30 per week
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 23 May 2019 05:00 PM
Here at Suffolk County Council, we are passionate about how we develop, support and engage with our people. Our HR team is a big part of this, and we are currently looking for a Talent and Skills Advisor to join us as cover for maternity leave.
This is a pivotal role in our small Talent and Skills Team and you will be the go-to person for managing and implementing our apprenticeship and work experience programmes. You will work closely with colleagues and partner organisations managing a range of projects.
If you enjoy making things happen, have great organisational skills and get satisfaction from knowing you are contributing to something worthwhile for others, we will be very interested to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who:
- is experienced in supporting a range of projects, being accountable for specific areas of work
- has excellent organisational skills for commissioning and managing contractual and operational arrangements with learning providers
- develops good working relationships with managers and other colleagues
- has good verbal and written communications skills to successfully present information and guidance
- works collaboratively with colleagues and partners to achieve agreed outcomes
- has the drive and initiative to learn and design new systems, processes and practices
- analyses complex data and produces management information in a meaningful way, adding value to decision making
- has a creative flair and ability to develop visual content and learning resources for websites and social media
- is adaptable and supports other work and HR projects.
The aim for our HR service is to be recognised as making a difference to the services and outcomes for the people and place of Suffolk, by being supportive, challenging, innovative and value for money. This role is instrumental in helping us achieve these goals.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Nicky Wilson on (01473) 264396 or Janice Hickman on (01473) 260274.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.