- Suffolk New College
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 30 November 2020 12:00 PM
- Up to £43,662 pa
- 35 hpw (includes some teaching hours).
This is an excellent career opportunity to join the management team at Suffolk New College. This role will require you to lead on the operational and strategic aspects of the Digital, Science and Access to HE curriculum area. The area includes curriculums in Forensic Science, Applied Science, IT, Computing, Games Design, Digital T-Level, Access to HE provision across the college, BSc in Criminal Forensic investigation and part-time Digital/Science adult programmes.
Working closely with the Director, you will pro-actively support, lead and develop staff to deliver an exceptional student experience.
You will therefore need to be able to demonstrate:
- excellent people management and development skills
- expertise in the curriculum areas of the role and have experience of working with young people aged 16+
- experience in delivery of study programmes, programmes for adults and relevant awarding bodies
- ability to build and develop sustainable relationships with employers and external agencies
- creative and innovative approaches, which deliver an exceptional student experience and student outcomes.
As part of this role you will also be required to undertake some teaching hours, therefore you should also be able to demonstrate proven teaching expertise in a related subject area and a profile of grade 1 or 2 lesson observations.
You should also hold a relevant degree or professional qualification, mathematics and English at level 2 or equivalent, alongside a teaching qualification at level 5.
This post is based at Suffolk New College, Ipswich Campus however Suffolk New College is a multi-campus site, therefore you may be required to work at and travel between campuses
A job description can be downloaded from the related information section. For further information and to apply, please visit: www.suffolk.ac.uk
Interview date: 7 and 9 December 2020.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As part of our on-going commitment to Equality and Diversity, Suffolk New College guarantee to short list all applicants from a black or ethnic minority group who meet the essential criteria and all applicants with a disability who meet the essential criteria. All appointments are subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.