- Suffolk New College - Suffolk Rural (Otley)
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 04 August 2021 12:00 PM
Up to £30,318 pro rata
22.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year.
Suffolk New College actively promotes the mental health and wellbeing of our staff and students, providing a safe space where individuals can feel free to talk about how they are feeling, without fear of stigma or discrimination. Staff are trained in how to recognise and respond when a student or a colleague might be struggling with their mental health.
Reporting to the Student Support and Safeguarding Manager, and working closely with the Student Support team, you will be responsible for the co-ordination of mental health support for students across all college sites.
This exciting opportunity requires that you have:
- a relevant degree and / or relevant professional qualification in a mental health related discipline
- accredited membership with an approved professional body
- knowledge, expertise and credible experience within the field of mental health
- access to relevant external networks
- mathematics and English at GCSE grade C or equivalent at Level 2.
You will be required as part of this role to:
- support the college’s safeguarding team with their casework, by undertaking risk-based triage assessments for students presenting with high level mental health concerns
- provide 1:1 sessions for students presenting in crisis; working alongside the safeguarding team to safely respond, manage risk, accessing specialist, external support
- facilitate group work sessions for students, with a pro-active focus
- create and deliver content for podcasts and other resources for students and their parents / carers
- listen to the student voice – ensuring we remain up-to-date, current and responsive to their needs
- create and deliver training for staff - complementing the college’s internal mental health staff training programme - on specific focus areas within mental health
- represent the College at external network meetings, at both a local and regional level
- support the Student Support and Safeguarding Manager and the SU President in their co-ordination and delivery of mental health and wellbeing themed events and activities for students
- support the Director of Student Services, Safeguarding and Support with the development of a student Mental Health Ambassador initiative (in collaboration with an external partner).
This post is based with the Student Support team at Suffolk Rural (in Otley), however Suffolk New College is a multi-campus college and you will therefore be required on a weekly basis to work at / travel between campuses.
For further information, please visit: www.suffolk.ac.uk
Interview date: 10 August 2021.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As part of our ongoing commitment to Equality and Diversity, Suffolk New College guarantee to shortlist all applicants from a black or ethnic minority group who meet the essential criteria and all applicants with a disability who meet the essential criteria. All appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.