- WS Training Limited
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 12 April 2021 01:00 PM
- £9.64 ph
- Five days per week, term time only
- Required asap.
Working across both sites in Ipswich and Colchester.
An opportunity has arisen at WS Training for a Learning Support Assistant. LSAs are responsible for the supporting the quality of delivery of teaching, learning and assessment to our high needs students and will work with tutors to support the assessment against National Occupational Standards, ensuring timely achievement of qualifications for all high needs students either in central or at our associated work placements.
Key experience required:
- Knowledge and understanding of the multiple barriers young people face and be able to develop support mechanisms / interventions
- Understanding of SEND reforms
- Evidence of relevant Professional Development
- Current knowledge and understanding of the FE sector
- Robust knowledge of Safeguarding, Prevent and Equality and Diversity
- Possession of a current driving licence
- Good ICT skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with people at all levels
- Ability to relate to young people with multiple barriers to education
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility
- Maintain positive within a challenging environment.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed application forms can be returned to: HR_recruitment@wstraining.co.uk
Candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted by a member of the recruitment panel via email. If you do not hear from us, then please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
WS Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As part of our on-going commitment to Equality and Diversity, WS Training guarantee to short list all applicants from all ethnic groups, including ethnic minority groups, who meet the essential criteria and all applicants with a disability who meet the essential criteria. All appointments are subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.