- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £8.42 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 03 June 2019 01:00 PM
An average of 5.25 hpw on the following work pattern:
- Week one: Sat 10am - 1pm, Sun 10am - 1pm
- Week two: Sat 10am - 1pm, Sun 10am - 1pm
- Week three: Sat 10am - 1pm, Sun 10am - 1pm
- Week four: Sun 10am - 1pm.
A library does more than simply loan books. It underpins the community. Could you help shape the vision for your local library?
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society which now runs Suffolk's library service. Our vision is to 'transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs.'
Our libraries are looking for people who share this vision and want to join our team. We are interested in someone who:
- has an aspiration to deliver great customer service
- can demonstrate appropriate and effective communication skills with the aim of building positive and supportive relations with our customers, team and community
- can engage confidently with young people and is enthusiastic, keen and willing to deliver the programme of activities we offer including children's activities and crafts
- is IT literate and competent in the use of: the internet, email, mobile devices and applications and who could also offer guidance to customers
- has the ability to work as an effective team member
- understands Suffolk Libraries services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment, experience of working with children and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a CV together with a supporting statement outlining what you will bring to Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy. As all shifts will be double staffed we welcome applicants from 16 years old upwards.
Interview date: 14 June 2019.