- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,495 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 23 August 2019 01:00 PM
Come and work for Suffolk Libraries.
Suffolk Libraries is a charitable organisation, independent of Suffolk County Council, which runs the library service throughout Suffolk.
Our vision is to "transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs". We are looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to join our team.
We are looking for someone who:
- has the ability to lead, manage and motivate a team of staff and volunteers in providing a customer focused and responsive service
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoys engaging with people and building relationships
- is proactive and able to promote innovative ideas that will increase the use of the library
- has the IT knowledge required to support, assist and train staff and customers in using various forms of technology including computers, tablet devices and smart phones
- has the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to ensure that that both individual and team goals are achieved
- has the necessary communication and partnership working skills to work effectively with The Friends of Elmswell Library in helping to enhance and improve the library.
An average of 17.75 hours per fortnight. The hours will be worked on a 2 week rota:
* week 1: Tuesday 9.45am - 1.15pm, Wednesday 1.45pm - 5.15pm, Thursday 9.45am - 1.15pm and Friday 1.45pm - 5.15pm
* week 2: Tuesday 9.45am - 1.15pm, Wednesday 1.45pm - 5.15pm, Thursday 9.45am - 1.15pm, Friday 1.45pm - 5.15pm and Saturday 9.45am - 1.15pm.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Please send your CV, together with a supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 13 September 2019.